THE THREE MUSKETEERS, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2016
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2016
THE COCOANUTS, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2016
SOUTH PACIFIC, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2015
CHARLEY'S AUNT, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2015
AMADEUS, UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2015
PERICLES, OREGON SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, 2015
- Assistant Dramaturg to Alan Armstrong.
- Solely responsible for table work.
- Provided research.
- Replaced words in Shakespeare's text for increased clarity.
A DREAM OF RED PAVILIONS, OREGON SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL PRESENTS, 2015
- Dramaturg for new play reading.
- Provided research for cast.
- Assisted playwright with cuts and edits.
- Wrote program note.
RICHARD III, FOLGER SHAKESPEARE THEATER, 2014
- Assisted the dramaturg with all aspects of production duty
- Stood in for dramaturg when she was unable to attend rehearsal
- Prepared to give talkback in case lead dramaturg was ill
- Created a "Track Changes" script for the Folger Archives
THE COMEDY OF ERRORS, LEAN & HUNGRY THEATER, 2014
- Adapted the play into an hour-long piece with interspersed narration.
- Provided production dramaturgy.
THE SCARLET LETTER, LEAN & HUNGRY THEATER, 2013-2014
- Adapted the novel to an hour-long radio drama
- Provided production dramaturgy
- Was present throughout the process to change the script and assist actors and production staff
JULIUS CAESAR, LEAN & HUNGRY THEATER, 2013
- Acted as production dramaturg and assistant director
- Aided the director in fine-tuning his concept
- Managed pre-show activities
- Edited the script
- Conducted research on historical context, Shakespeare's context, themes and language and complied it into a digital casebook
- Worked extensively with actors during table work
ROMEO AND JULIET, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY MAIN STAGE
- Conducted library and internet research on the context, background and language of the play
- Compiled research into a digital casebook for artistic team and actors
- Helped director adapt the play into a modern seeting.
- Created an education packet for high school students
- Ran a special post-show talkback for high school students
- Ran a post show talkback to field audience questions about the production
- Wrote a program note to enhance the audiences’ experience and understanding of the production
1001, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY BLACK BOX
- Aided the director in picking and proposing the play
- Conducted initial research on themes and language of the play
- Engaged in conversation with actors about the complexities of the play
HAMLET, EMPTY CHAIR THEATER COMPANY
- Cut the text by half, shaping the play to focus on interpersonal themes rather than political themes
- Compiled digital casebook to present research and its relevance
- Acted as assistant director
- Wrote a program note to increase audience members’ understanding and appreciation of the play
THE MAID'S TRAGEDY, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY BLACK BOX
- Researched historical context, symbolism and references made in the text
- Conducted in-depth analysis of the text and language and assembled into casebook
- Wrote program note on one of the major themes in the play
- Constructed lobby display to prepare audience members for the production
TITUS ANDRONICUS, EMPTY CHAIR THEATER COMPANY
- Preformed extensive library and internet research on Titus, its historical context and the playwright and compiled into digital casebook to present research and its relevance
- Wrote educational study guides for audience members
- Wrote program note
- Constructed lobby display
- Conducted a talk-back for students